Punjab Kings vs Royal Challengers Bengaluru Live

Gaurav Kumar
Gaurav Kumar  - Founder & CEO of Bollypink
8 Min Read

Match 58 of Tata IPL 2024 was played between Punjab Kings vs Royal Challengers Bengaluru Live. Royal Challengers Bengaluru scored 241 runs at the loss of 7 wickets in 20 overs against Punjab Kings. In this match, the RCB team batted first and impressed the entire team with its excellent batting. This match was played at HPCA Stadium Dharamsala at 7:30 pm. Punjab King won the toss and decided to bowl first and gave batting to the RCB team. After this, RCB batsmen started the match with a good innings.

Punjab Kings vs Royal Challengers Bengaluru Live

Punjab Kings Squad

Sam Curran (c), Jonny Bairstow (wk), Prabhsimran Singh, Rilee Rossouw, Liam Livingstone, Shashank Singh, Ashutosh Sharma, Rahul Chahar, Harshal Patel, Arshdeep Singh, Vidwath Kaverappa.

Substitutes: Harpreet Brar, Rishi Dhawan, Tanay Thyagarajan, Jitesh Sharma, Nathan Ellis

Royal Challengers Bengaluru Squad

Faf Du Plessis (c), Virat Kohli, Will Jacks, Rajat Patidar, Mahipal Lomror, Cameron Green, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Swapnil Singh, Karn Sharma, Mohammed Siraj, Lockie Ferguson

Substitutes: Yash Dayal, Anuj Rawat, Suyash S Prabhudessai, Vyshak Vijaykumar, Mayank Dagar

Royal Challengers Bengaluru Batting

RCB plays a very good innings in this match and starts its innings with a good run rate. Faf Du Plessis (c) opens the batting with Virat Kohli in this match and gets out after scoring nine runs in seven balls. At the same time, Virat Kohli remains on the field and comes very close to his half-century. Rajat Patidar enters the field at number four position in this match and gets out after scoring a brilliant 55 runs in just 23 balls at a strike rate of 239. RCB team scores 119 runs in the first 10 overs at the loss of three wickets.

Partnership of 76 runs in 32 balls

This partnership was played between Virat Kohli and Rajat Patidar in which Rajat Patidar along with Virat Kohli played a brilliant inning of 76 runs in just 32 balls. Virat Kohli scored 20 runs in 9 balls while Rajat Patidar alone scored 55 runs in 23 balls and also completed his half-century. Rajat Patidar impressed the entire team with his batting and beat the Punjab bowlers fiercely. Rajat Patidar also hit six sixes and three fours in just 27 balls. Rajat Patidar gets out facing the bowling of Sam Curran.

It rained during the match

When the RCB team plays 10 overs, it suddenly rains. Due to this, the umpire stops the match for some time. This match gets stopped for about 10 to 15 minutes due to rain. The stadium maintenance staff laid polythene to prevent the pitch from getting wet. The field on which there is not much water and the player does not face any problem in starting the game again. However, after some time the match starts again and Virat Kohli comes to the field again with Cameron Green to continue the match.

Punjab Kings vs Royal Challengers Bengaluru Live

Cameron Green and Virat Kohli

There is a great partnership of 93 runs in 46 balls between these two batsmen in which Virat Kohli scored 50 runs in 24 balls and Green scored 37 runs in 22 balls. Cameron Green was playing a good partnership with Virat Kohli and was good. He was scoring runs continuously but Virat Kohli is not able to complete the partnership in this match and he gets caught out after scoring 93 runs in 47 balls. This could have been Virat Kohli’s century innings but he could not complete his century and returned to the pavilion. Dinesh Karthik again comes on the field and hits sixes on his very first ball.

Punjab King Bowling

The bowling did not do anything special in the Punjab Kings match. Punjab King’s bowlers could not perform anything special in front of RCB batsmen and kept getting bowled continuously. Punjab King gave more than 200 runs to RCB. Harshal Patel has bowled brilliantly but has also taken a beating, taking three wickets in four overs and giving away 38 runs to RCB. Vidwath Kaverappa also bowled four overs in this match and took two wickets for 36 runs. The rest of the bowlers took one wicket each but the other bowlers did not even take the wicket and got beaten.

In point table

Punjab Kings are at number eight in the points table while Royal Challengers Bengaluru are at number seven in the points table. Whichever team loses the match in today’s match, the door to qualifying for the semi-finals will be closed forever. As important as it is for RCB to win this match, it is equally important for Punjab Kings to win this match. Both the teams are continuously trying to win this match but RCB batted brilliantly and scored 200 plus runs in just 17 overs. If RCB wins the match today then it will not be able to qualify for the semi-finals but to qualify it will have to win the next two matches.

Team comparison

If we compare these two teams, the winning rate of both has been very good for the last 2 years and both the teams have batted and bowled well together and have also won the matches. In the last 2 years, both the teams played many matches among themselves, out of which Punjab Kings won 47% and RCB won 53%. By batting first, RCB has won 44% of the matches against Punjab. Whereas after batting in the second innings, RCB has won 46% of the matches against Punjab.

Punjab Kings vs Royal Challengers Bengaluru Live

Even today, in this match, RCB has batted first, so it is possible that RCB has more chances of winning against Punjab. The captains of both the teams tossed each other today and Punjab King won the toss first and decided to bowl the toss and gave batting to RCB. In this match, RCB batted first and scored a brilliant 241 runs against Punjab at the loss of 7 wickets.

RCB chances in the Semi-finals

RCB has not won a single IPL trophy so far. Their fans have been waiting for a long time for RCB to win the IPL trophy once. RCB women’s team this year itself. RCB won the trophy but the men’s team has not won a single trophy yet. This time RCB has a hope that it can qualify for the semi-finals and be successful in winning the trophy. Today’s match RCB is more expected. There is a 75% chance that RCB can win the match today and Punjab Kings have only a 25% chance.

Share this Article
By Gaurav Kumar Founder & CEO of Bollypink
Follow:
Hi, I am Gaurav a marketing professional and the Founder & CEO of Bollypink.
Leave a comment